Kimura Foundry America
Kimura Foundry America is a greenfield cast metal foundry established in Shelbyville, Indiana in 2018.
- Kimura Foundry America’s location is the first business venture for Kimura Foundry Group to bring this unprecedented technology to the United States.
- Utilizes Patented ExOne 3D Printers to produce high quality castings with complex geometry both, internally and externally.
- USA and Japan Patents on the development of artificial sand that creates molds free of veining, burrs and other defects while significantly lowering the production costs of castings.
- Kimura Foundry America can produce heat-resistance castings, including Gray Iron castings, Ductile Iron castings, Ni-Resist castings, Stainless Cast Steel castings, Aluminum castings and other Specialty Alloys.
- Kimura Foundry can also pour Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) castings, a Swedish process control developed by SinterCast for product development, prototyping and niche volume production castings; this process has very limited business production available in the United States.
- Kimura Foundry America can produce castings with complex shapes and wall thicknesses as low as 1.5mm. The final products will have dimensional accuracy of ±0.5mm and exceptionally smooth surfaces and zero defects.
- Kimura Foundry America offers a 5-day delivery of a raw castings.
- Kimura Foundry America also utilizes MAGMASOFT simulation software to ensure zero defect castings.
- Recent installation of a larger furnace will allow us to pour castings as large as 500kg.
- 2019 installation of a new in-house lab that will allow Kimura Foundry America to provide non-destructive tests to guarantee a quality casting.
- Our in-house lab offers Brinell testing, tensile testing, metallography testing, surface scan, Charpy impact, leak testing, heat treat, ultrasonic testing, penetration testing and sectioning.
- 3D scanning is used to analyze the dimensions of the castings to assure the part is in tolerance and adheres to customer specification.
- 2019 Installation of a computerized tomography (CT) inspection system for a more precise view of the inside of our castings.
- Industries served yield a wide range of products; art, watercraft, pumps, motor housings, turbine housings, agricultural, automotive, gas and oil, tier 1 suppliers, machine tools, bearing housings, brake components, cylinder heads and prototype engine parts of any industry.